8 Questions about Deep Conditioners
Updated: Aug 26, 2019
1. Are deep conditioners good for your hair?
There are hundreds of conditioner products on the market. Many provide good benefits for the hair, improves shine, makes it manageable etc. however a “good” deep conditioner is much more. It is an Intensive treatment that improves damaged, over-processed hair. It also improves the elasticity of the hair, so hair stretches more without breaking.
2. How do I deep condition my hair?
· Shampoo the hair and towel dry
· Apply the conditioner then cover with a plastic cap to prevent from drying
· Sit under a hooded dryer to allow the product to penetrate (heat opens the hair shaft)
· Leave on for 20-30 minutes
· Rinse thoroughly
3. How often should I deep condition my hair?
Weekly is preferred but can be done every other week.
4. What can I use as a deep conditioner?
The best ingredients in a deep conditioner include:
Protein - because hair is protein and it strengthens hair
Oils - dry hair needs oils to lubricate the hair shaft (not the scalp)
Stimulant – ingredients like peppermint oil and menthol stimulate the hair cells under the scalp
Worst ingredients in a deep conditioner are:
Vitamins in hair products are “feel good” ingredients. The external application of vitamins to the hair provide no benefit. Vitamins must be assimilated in the bloodstream (taken internally) to benefit the hair.
5. Is it OK to deep condition overnight?
With our busy schedules, who has time to sit under a hooded dryer for 30 minutes? There have been times I was too tired to do this step. I opted to leave it on overnight. And YES it does still work. So YES, it is okay to leave on overnight. Downside: the water that accumulates in the plastic cap drains down on your bed linen and pillow.
6. What are the best deep conditioners for damaged hair?
The best deep conditioners will provide 2 immediate benefits;
stops breakage and
thickens the hair shaft
7. How long does deep conditioning last?
Every thing you do to your hair; wash your hair, color your hair, straighten your hair, brush your hair etc. disintegrates your hair. Depending on the processes you do to your hair is what determines your hair quality and hair health. How long your hair remains in top condition depends on what you do to your hair. Best practice is to deep condition your hair weekly to keep it in optimal condition.
8. What is the best professional deep conditioner?
Ultra Black Hair Deep Conditioner. Nothing like it for immediate results.